Important Information Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Beacon Federal Credit Union is closely monitoring Coronavirus (COVID-19) and is aware of its global impact, as well as here in the United States. Our commitment to the health and safety of our members and employees is of the utmost importance. In addition, we take our corporate citizen responsibility seriously and will do our part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- We have already taken a series of precautionary steps to minimize the risk for staff and members.
- We have increased cleaning and sanitation at all locations.
- We have informed and educated employees on what they can do to stay healthy, and how to stop the spread of germs.
- We are continuously monitoring and following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
While we have implemented certain aspects of our Pandemic Contingency Plans, we want to minimize disruptions of services to our members so our La Porte and Baytown drive-thru and call center will remain open. However, during this time, we urge members to use our drive-thru services for cash transactions, Night Drops for after-hour deposits, Online and Mobile Banking services, Telephone Services (PAL), and also, our ATM network. Remember to sanitize or wash your hands after using an ATM.
To assist our members, Beacon has made the following changes – effective through March 31st.
- Waive all ATM fees for members using “foreign” ATMs – (There are also free ATMs available using the Credit Union Friendly Network.)
- Waive one instant issue debit card fee per member.
- Increase the cash transaction limit at our branch drive-thru windows to $4,000.
- Increase the Remote Deposit My Check limit to $4,000 (normal holds apply).
With the convenience of our PC Branch and Telephone Services, you don’t have to leave your house to do your banking. Here are a few services we provide:
- Transfer funds to your Beacon Federal Credit Union accounts and to other financial institutions
- Check account balance and history
- Apply for a loan
- Open an account
- Make check deposits using our Mobile App
- And much more
If you need to get cash or make a deposit, you can perform your transaction through our branch drive-thru locations, stop by one of our branch ATMS, or visit one of our CU Friendly Network ATMs (limits still remain at $500).
To Minimize the Risk to Employees and Members:
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough and sneeze, and wash your hands after.
- Stay at home when you are feeling sick.
- Wash and sanitize your hands often, especially after using an ATM.
It is our responsibility to serve you, our members, and we are committed to keeping both you and our employees’ health and safety a top priority. Beacon FCU will continue to take necessary steps as warranted and will work closely with local health and public officials.
Please visit this page for more Beacon FCU updates regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19). If you have any questions, please send us a message.
For more information and the full list of recommendations from the CDC, please see the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines.
Call Center Information related to COVID-19 provided by Harris County Public Health.
Harris County Residents – 832-927-7575 (9 a.m. – 7 p.m. every day)
City of Houston Residents – 832-393-4220 (9 a.m. – 7 p.m. M-F; 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Sat)
Fort Bend County Residents – 281-633-7795 (8 a.m. – 5 p.m. M-F)
Harris Health System – 713-634-1110 (9 a.m. – 7 p.m. every day; use for clinical questions)