Important Information About Member Privacy
Beacon FCU recognizes the importance of our responsibility in protecting our members’ private information. At Beacon FCU, we value your privacy and would never sell your financial information to anyone. There are times, however, when the sharing of personal or private information with a third party is actually in the member’s best interest. For example, if we couldn’t share such information with third parties, it wouldn’t be possible to print checks for members, do credit checks so members could qualify for loans, or provide members with credit cards.
Your credit union observes the following practices and procedures:
Information We Collect
We collect information about you from some or all of the following sources:
- Information you give us on applications or other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information about your transactions with other parties
- Information from a consumer reporting agency
- Information we receive through our Customer Identification Program
We may also collect information from you when you access our online services.
Information We Disclose
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our members and former members to non-affiliated third parties except as permitted by law. We may disclose information to our affiliates for the purpose of marketing to you. Federal law gives you the right to limit affiliates from marketing to you if you so notify Beacon.
The Confidentiality, Security, and Integrity of Your Information
We restrict access to information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with Federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Beacon FCU may collect certain personal information about visitors to our Website.
Personal information is collected through the online account access service, at the time an application for a loan or deposit account is submitted online and at the time information is provided by you via e-mail. This information is only used to process your request.
For our member’s protection, information submitted via our online account access service is protected by encryption technology which scrambles account information to reduce the possibility of access by unauthorized individuals outside the credit union. For added protection to our online account access service, the credit union requires the use of an ID and password.
We also recognize the importance of protecting children’s identities and privacy online. Our website is not directed at children and we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from children.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our website is connected to third party websites. These links are provided for informational purposes only and are not an endorsement of those products or services. Third-party websites accessed by links are not part of the credit union or its website and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these websites. Be sure you know your privacy rights when offering information to these sites.
What Members Can Do To Help
As a member of Beacon FCU, you also have a responsibility to safeguard your financial information. You can help protect your privacy by following these simple guidelines:
- Review your statements and any other correspondence from us and notify us of any inaccurate or outdated information.
- Protect your account numbers, card numbers, PINs (Personal Identification Numbers).
- Never keep your PIN with your debit card or credit card.
- Never share your Online Account Access Password and PIN with anyone.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, Social Security number, etc. to others. Never give personal information over the phone unless you have initiated the call and trust that business.
- Periodically check your credit report for inaccuracies.
- Drop mail at the post office instead of your mailbox at home.
- Take care when discarding mail that has personal information, such as an account number or Social Security.